Re: [NTLK] Another (dumb) question (paperback)

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 15:15:13 EST

Well, I really doubt it. the reason being is that the
palm cannot understand the Newton Package format. And
since the Newton books are all installed as a package,
not as any seperate format, I don't think you can get
the Palm to understand it.
The only thing you can do is if you have the source of
the Newton book (BookMaker and Newton Press both
create a pre-compiled document before it is packaged)
you may be able to GREP out the text, but that's a lot
of work and probably not worth it.
The only other thing I can think of (although I've
never tried it) is you might be able to <beam> the
Newton book over to a Palm...Unfortunatly, I don't
have all the parts needed to try this, so this is
speculation at best!
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://65.84.243.167 (my NPDS server)

--- eric engle <engleerica_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would like to ask whether there is any way for a
> newton book to be read on a palm? I know that Steve
> Weyer has an extension for newtscape which lets it
> read palm books - but what I would like to do (if
> possible) is the other way - to have a newtonbook
> readable on a palm. I doubt that it is possible but
> if
> there is a way or hints I would really appreciate
> it.
>
> =====

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -