Re: [NTLK] [semi-OT] The US Military is DOOMED! (article about a WinCE device...)

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 15:59:13 EST

>> The most consistent thing I have ever seen about Windows is its ability to
>> declare that an application has committed an "illegal operation" when
>>Window's piss poor memory management is the underlying cause.
>>
>Actually, the first thing I thought of when I read that article was that
>item from a couple of years ago where the US Navy was trying to automate a
>bunch of systems on an Aegis cruiser -- using NT. Reportedly, the ship
>ended up crippled and nearly dead in the water for a while.
>
>- Eric.

Actually, because of that newspaper article written about NuShield (which
is up on our site under "news") Lockheed Martin contacted us about
protecting the touch screens on the Aegis missile cruisers! Stay
tuned.....

Mark Ross
mark.ross10_at_verizon.net

Need a Screen Protector to keep your Newton in tip top shape?
Go to <http://www.NuShield.com> for NuShield screen protectors.
Don't leave your Newt Naked!

Phone/Fax/Voicemail: (530) 678-5513