[NTLK] Homemade Screen Protectors

From: Michael Schaefer (mpschaefer_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 02:53:20 EST

For those of you which are using Homemade Screen Protectors, try adding a
coating of Turtle Wax ( or some other type of car wax ) to the surface. I
have found it extends the life of the protector, not by a massive amount but
for the amount of work I do with the Newton I would have nearly halved the
rate of changing. It does change the readability but I think it is actually
an improvement over without the coating ( please take note that my eyesight
is not the bast and you may disagreee ). But, if you have the stuff lying
around I believe it is worth a try. I actually did it becasue a bought some
film which was really terrible to write on. it would make the stylus stick
so a coating of this did the trick and had some nice side effects.

Michael

<A HREF="watt.qut.edu.au/~n2181371">Peregrine's Nest</A>
<A HREF="watt.qut.edu.au/~n2181371/NarangbaBowmen/">Narangba Bowmen</A>