Re: [NTLK] Reverse engineer Newton Packages?

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 08:27:08 EST

> Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 01:11:34 -0600
> From: John Skinner <john_at_johnskinner.net>
>
> Is it possible to take a Newton Package and convert it back into a NTK or
> raw NewtScript file?

I don't know of anything that does that completely.

you can disassemble individual compiled NewtonScript functions using
ViewFrame (there's also a tool (CFKAC) by NewtsPrism
http://members.aol.com/NewtsPrism/
mentioned in the FAQ though I haven't tried that myself)

and of course if you've got a Newton package (or Palm .pdb/.prc or WinCE
.wrp/.lnk) file that contains Java(Waba) code, you can extract classes using
WabaTester, and then run them thru a disassembler like jad.

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com