Re: [NTLK] Another newbie question

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 16:48:59 EST

Am 11.3.2002 16:52 Uhr schrieb "Scott Rogers" unter
<scottrogerspersonal_at_yahoo.com>:
> I'm having a problem importing rtf documents into newtworks on my 2100.
> I can import them fine, but they open up in notepad, which truncates the
> longer documents. When I choose the "import newtworks" option in NCU,
> as soon as I select the document to import the entire classic
> environment in OS 10.1 crashes.
> Anyone have any idea why this is happening?
I have successfully imported a few RTF files from MacOS Word 98 into
NewtWorks. However, they had only a few very little graphics and little text
and it worked fine. Also the other direction worked well. I would suspect
either to big documents or to complex graphics maybe in your case. Couldn't
you split up the document in many smaller pieces, lets say pages and thus
isolate the source of the error? I don't know what the purpose of RTF on the
Newt is. If it is only for reading, maybe transforming the documents into
Newton books is much easier.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand