Re: [NTLK] Hard reset - Who Does 'em?

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 15:58:04 EST

That's not exactly what he was asking.

I regularly do the procedure that Chris mentioned, backup-wipe-restore.

I have never done a wipe, then clean re-install as Brad describes. I would
just hate to have to re-enter all those serial numbers & unlock codes for
the software that I have bought, like Dashboard, MoreInfo, XwordBuddy,
TimeTrax, and about a dozen others.

The backup-wipe-restore method does a lot for the Newton, and has always
been enough for me. And, a selective restore can be used to get rid of
extra junk. Also, some people use Soup editors to clear out extra junk as
well.

Loren