[NTLK] Mirroring list archives/archive feature request

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 02:28:29 EST

   Who is the main 'newtontalk.net-Mom' here? I just wanted to ask if I
could get a mirror of the entire list archives, both for personal
perusal as well as protection for all of us against another very large
"void" if some other company decides to get snippy with the DMCA..

   Also, it would be a nice feature if there were a way to view an entire
email thread on one page. This would be a bit difficult as the message
numbering is not sequential with the thread order, but is certainly
doable, by either adding a thread/message identifier to the filename (in
addition to the "time order" identifier) or replacing it.

   Yes, I am volunteering to write the Perl scripts..

Jim Witte