Re: [NTLK] I can't get netatalk talking

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 04:48:49 EST

Newt Rutherford wrote:

> From: Karel Jansens <kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be>
> >Hmmm. I don't get a popup when I put the network card in, only the ATA
> >driver reminder. Could this be a clash with Paul Guyot's software? I
> >don't remember reading about problems with network cards on his faq.
> >
> This is located in Prefs and must be enabled to ethertalk or appletalk (IIRC).

I did that.

After examining the logs on my pc, I've become more and more convinced
that the problem is somewhere in the Newt. It may be my fault for not
being patient enough: I already had NIE installed with modem setup and
instead of whiping everything off and starting over, I merely got the
ethernet packages off my CD (Yes, all are for version 2) and installed
them. The faq states an order for installing packages, but I figured it
might work.

So, as a last resort (for now, that is), I'm going to whipe NIE and all
its siblings off my Newt and reinstall the lot, and properly this time.
I'll let y'all know what transpires...

--
Karel Jansens
kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be

"We're here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and we're all out of gum." (Dr. Zulu of Team Diotoir on Robot Wars Extreme)