Re: [NTLK] 3AM stroll

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 14:58:32 EST

I have my prefs set the same way, not to sleep with the AC cord plugged in.
My Newton doesn't just wake up at 3am (which it does of course) but as long
as it's on AC, it turns itself off and on seemingly randomly. If I turn it
off, it will turn back on again either instantly, or within a few seconds.

Not that it matters to me. I set it to never sleep while under AC power, so
it is fine if it's up all night. The only thing that is a little odd
looking, is that every time it turns on, it checks the serial port, and with
my blinky-light hack, that means every time it turns on there is a flash of
brilliant blue light. So, while the Newton is on AC power, there are blue
flashes that light up the room at random intervals through the night.

-Stephanie
http://www.maksystems.com/newton/