Re: [NTLK] [ANN] T-Shirt poll

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 16:25:07 EST

on 3/13/02 8:23 PM, speedy2 at speedy2_at_dag.net wrote:

> Granted this is a play on Apple's "Think Different" but perhaps something
> more grammatically correct like "Ink Differently" ?

The problem is that "Ink Differently" is too bland. It just flows into the
mind and out again, like Teflon=AE. "Ink Different" somehow sticks, forcing
the mind to hold onto it. It is more powerful. I think, in part, because of
the expression "be different." "Ink Different" calls that to mind in a very
round-about or subtle way. The mind doesn't really know why this is
happening, but it happens, which is what causes it to stick.
--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass_at_usa.net>
<mailto:glasshaus5_at_aol.com>
"I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 tent just to hit some
camel in the butt." --President George W. Bush