Re: [NTLK] I can't get Works Calculations working%26In-Reply-To=%26lt;019a01c1cb45$aebbf4e0$79548181@pc3129>

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 12:32:29 EST

On 14/03/02 06:59, "Marco Ippoliti" <mippoliti_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Thank you Marco, in effect NewtWorksDoc is missing and probably it is
> the culprit, but I cannot find anywhere! UNNA archive seems is missing it

Hmmmmm, I can't find this 'NewtWorksDoc' anywhere on my Newton. AFAIK, when
you install the 'Newton Works.pkg', the default word processor stationery is
installed. Then, you can proceed to install 'QFWorks.pkg' (version 1.0 that
you must open, then you can install version 1.1.1), which is the spreadsheet
stationary, 'NewtDraw.pkg' which is the vector drawing stationary and
finally 'WCalc.pkg' which is the scientific calculator stationary. I've
never seen any 'NewtWorksDoc' stationary anywhere.

Make sure that all components are on the same storek, though, or you will
end up with the NewtonWorks core loading before any stationary...

-Laurent.

drone n.: Ignorant sales or customer service personnel in computer or
electronics superstores. Characterized by a lack of even superficial
knowledge about the products they sell, yet possessed of the conviction that
they are more competent than their hacker customers. Usage: "That video
board probably sucks, it was recommended by a drone at Fry's" In the year
2000, their natural habitats include Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, and
CompUSA.