Re: [NTLK] [ANN] T-Shirt poll

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 16:10:14 EST

On 14/03/02 15:46, "Josh Shanks" <jshanks_at_mac.com> wrote:

> on 3/14/02 3:42 PM, Eric L. Strobel at fyzycyst_at_comcast.net wrote:
>

>> at the temporal coordinates: 3/14/02 3:26 PM, the entity known as Laurent
>> Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com conveyed the following:

>>> I, for one, would much prefer to pay even a few bucks more but to get a polo
>>> shirt which I would wear a lot more than just a regular t-shirt...
>>>
>>> So, can we do both? Any reason why Josh wouldn't be able to make them? He
>>> repeatedly said he was able to offer polo shirts for almost the same price
>>> than the t-shirts ones, with, from what I can tell, the same
>>> printing/embroidering options.
>>>
>>> Victor?
>>>

>> One question, though. On the polo shirt, I assume the graphic would the
>> typical smaller polo shirt thing of being on the right breast, right?
>>
>> - Eric.
>
> Yes, I was thinking of a simple newton logo with maybe one shirt saying
> newtontalk.net under the newton logo and another saying Apple Newton. What
> do you think? Cost is not an option since I can get these at a good price.

I'd prefer "NewtonTalk.net", since that was the original idea.

Now, Josh, one thing I've never seen mentioned is if your price was
dependent on any minimum quantity. Is it?

-Laurent.

farming n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] What the heads of a disk drive
are said to do when they plow little furrows in the magnetic media.
Associated with a crash. Typically used as follows: "Oh no, the machine has
just crashed; I hope the hard drive hasn't gone farming again." No longer
common; modern drives automatically park their heads in a safe zone on
power-down, so it takes a real mechanical problem to induce this.