Re: [NTLK] [ANN] T-Shirt poll

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 02:16:05 EST

on 14/03/02 23:07, Josh Shanks at jshanks_at_mac.com wrote:

> on 3/14/02 11:00 PM, David Golden at ikondave_at_charter.net wrote:
>

>> on 3/14/02 9:47 PM, Laurent Daudelin at nemesys_at_cox.rr.com wrote:

>>> No! Not a patch. An embroidery with the Newton logo with "NewtonTalk.net"
>>> above, on a circular path, and "Ink Different" underneath the logo, also on
>>> a circular path. Does that make sense or will I have to make a drawing?
>>>
>>> I'd be game for a nice $15 polo with that embroidered logo. I don't want to
>>> have to do anything when I get it, so it would have to be complete.
>>>
>>> -Laurent.
>>
>> Once the art/ design scheme is decided upon, and the equipment is set to do
>> the embroidery work, would it be all that impractical to have more than one
>> color polo shirt available from which to choose? In fact, if we can agree on
>> the art, then the embroidery can be applied to T-shirts as well, depending
>> on peoples wishes. Caps even! I agree with Laurent that an embroidered
>> design is the way to go. More durable and more class than silkscreen/ iron
>> ons, etc.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> Dave
>>
> Silkscreen is no where like iron on but emroidery does have allot of class
> to it. I would be glad to do more than one color of shirt. I have even do
> different color designs on the shirts.
>
> Josh

Josh,

Would some kind of design help? What kind of files would you use for the
embroidery? Illustrator?

-Laurent.

bytesexual /bi:t`sek'shu-*l/ adj.: [rare] Said of hardware, denotes willingness to compute or pass data in either big-endian or little-endian format (depending, presumably, on a mode bit somewhere). See also NUXI problem.