[NTLK] wish list for WaveLAN driver

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde_at_plg2.math.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 13:10:30 EST

>My personal wish list for the next "iterations":
>
>1. Network name configuration
>2. Network password configuration (i.e. enabling WEP)
>3. Low-power mode

Our wireless network at work is a VPN. From my PowerBook with AirPort
card, I have to connect to a particular URL with a browser using
https, type in a name and password, and then I can use any
Internet-aware application I want -- but it somehow checks every
twenty seconds, so I can't let the machine go to sleep. I have the
feeling wishing that I could use my Newton in such an environment is
too much, and I have to scale back to the more realistic goal of using
at home with my ABS. --PR