Re: [NTLK] Insane prices!!!!!

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 14:52:51 EST

on 16/03/02 11:11, Apostolos Koutropoulos at admiralak_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Well, after salivting over all the programs that I COULD
> have on my newton, but cant due to no space being left on
> it, I decided to take a look online for linear flash memory
> and teh prices are INSANE!!!!!
>
> Some places quote prices of 388 USD for 32MB...why ?! my
> god :p
> It makes teh 99USD I found on ebay a while back a real
> deal! I was a fool not to get one back then. I was
> thinking of buys a newton bundle, keeping the card, and
> selling the newton lol..now that is insane :p

Check on eBay. There are now 32 MB cards regularly going for around $50.

-Laurent.

COBOL /koh'bol/ n.: [COmmon Business-Oriented Language] (Synonymous with evil.) A weak, verbose, and flabby language used by card wallopers to do boring mindless things on dinosaur mainframes. Hackers believe that all COBOL programmers are suits or code grinders, and no self-respecting hacker will ever admit to having learned the language. Its very name is seldom uttered without ritual expressions of disgust or horror. One popular one is Edsger W. Dijkstra's famous observation that "The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."