Re: [NTLK] Insane prices!!!!!

From: Lallang_at_aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 00:06:57 EST

In a message dated 03/16/2002 11:13:23, admiralak_at_yahoo.com writes:

>Well, after salivting over all the programs that I COULD
>have on my newton, but cant due to no space being left on
>it, I decided to take a look online for linear flash memory
>and teh prices are INSANE!!!!!
>
>Some places quote prices of 388 USD for 32MB...why ?! my
>god :p
>It makes teh 99USD I found on ebay a while back a real
>deal! I was a fool not to get one back then. I was
>thinking of buys a newton bundle, keeping the card, and
>selling the newton lol..now that is insane :p
>
>man, any light in the end of the tunnel ?!

Check out http://www.pretec.com/index2/product/SSD/fad.htm for technical
details of their linear flash card (it specifically states there that it is
Newton 2x00 compatible and I use their 20MB cards with my Newton 2100s). If
you click on the "buy it" button, it'll take you to their enduser retail
sales website and their linear flash 32MB card only costs US$183 per card,
which is a far cry from the US$388 that you're quoting.