[NTLK] Fort Knox

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 09:50:17 EST

Just for those _really_ paranoid users of Fort Knox. :-)

After installing it, I decided to change my pin, and after doing so, it
popped up an alert telling me what my new pin was. I immediately got a bit
"worried" and so checked something. I quit everything, and went to my
backdrop, and hit "undo" and when the "There is nothing to undo" message
popped up. I hit the down arrow, and there was my pin. Not very secure, eh?
Now, here is the question, is the the text for the alert box stored
somewhere in the system soup? I'm sure that, after a restart, this data is
deleted anyway, and I'm not personally worried about anybody getting into my
Newton and such, but there may be people on this list who might have genuine
concerns (due to your work or work location) who do.

BTW, for whoever it was who was complaining that GeekSafe only allows one
number passwords. I think you meant Fort Knox. It only allows one-number
passwords when it is in demo mode. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland