Re: [NTLK] pdf for Newton?

From: Apostolos Koutropoulos (admiralak_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 10:14:08 EST

 My 2 cents here.
I have a POcketPC device in addition to my newton. (an iPaq
to be precise). I can say that PDFs are nice for desktop
machines, but for PDAs, something gets lost. Its much
easier for me to reference materials using the Newton and
Newtonbooks than to use my iPaq and PDFs. The screen is
small for PDFs to be legible, and if you zoom in you need
to keep moving the area with teh stylus to go onto what you
are trying to read.

One other thing to consider is that PDFs, for the same
amount of info, cost more memory space than newton books.
I know since I have made PDFs of my newtonbooks. As we all
know, until those ATA drivers work 100% we need to save the
space we have :)

btw, will those ATA drivers work with those ceap ATA flash
memory cards (I saw some on pretec's web site)

AK

=====
----DJ AdmiralClub Admiralty 2001http://www.club-admiralty.com