Re: [NTLK] Docking in OSX?

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 20:22:01 EST

On Tuesday, March 19, 2002, at 07:33 PM, Judy Perry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've finally received my PC Serial <--> USB connection cable (it's
> uConnect), have downloaded what I think is the most recent driver
> (version
> 5) but still when I connect my MP2100 to my TiBook and launch NCU and
> then
> try to Dock, I get a message on my Newton that the connection couldn't
> be
> established. I have set the connection type to "serial".
>
> What am I doing wrong? Must I boot into OS9 for this to work? Am I a
> complete imbecile? (certainly feeling like one!)

I've never gotten serial to work in OS X either (I usually use ethernet
anyway), but I think it should work. A couple of things to try: make
sure you have set NCU (in it's preferences) to connect over you
uConnect. It should be an option. Also, make sure you have the uConnect
driver for Mac OS 9 in you Classic System, AND DO NOT HAVE THE OS X
DRIVER FOR THE SAME DEVICE INSTALLED. I hope this helps-

sj

http://homepage.mac.com/stevehj