Re: [NTLK] Docking in OSX?

From: Radovan Biciste (rbiciste_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 21:01:10 EST

Hi,
you are not complete imbecile. =:>) There is no way how to use serial port from Classic running under MacOS X. It is just not implemented. You have to boot into MacOS 9 or if you need just to install packages you can use NewTen http://www.panic.com/~stevenf/index.php?node=NewTen . Though once you have ethernet card instaled you can use NCU in Classic over the ethernet. You just set connection to AppleTalk on your Newton and in NCU.

Radek

What am I doing wrong? Must I boot into OS9 for this to work? Am I a
complete imbecile? (certainly feeling like one!)

TIA,

Judy Perry