Re: [NTLK] URGENT!!!! All Read This Is Freaky!!!!

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 13:56:10 EST

MuHammed Lonon wrote:

> Well toning down the drama and length a bit, I was right in the
middle > of transferring packages in the extension folder when little
Newtie
> suddenly reset itself. Although I was annoyed I did nnot think
> anything serious of it. I assumed that I had tried to move a
> package that was in operation and Newton reset to be safe. Well
> after it finished the start-up, I opened th

In addition to all segestions made already, It might be that there are 2
copies of some of the packages. 1 on internal and 1 on card. Don't know
though without seeing it.

I would try not to mess with the card for now. Only erase it if you have
to, that way you may be able to get some of your data back off of the card.

Do a "Brianwipe" and get the Newton back working good again.

Then, do like Johannes says, open the "Prefs" app, then insert your card
and don't activate the packages. See if you can get your personal data
off of it by opening each app and moving all saved items to the interal
store (like worksites, notes, names etc.).

Hope this helps!