Re: [NTLK] The "Right" Newton

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 02:08:45 EST

on 21/03/02 21:48, Jeff Abbott at jabbott_at_ninewire.net wrote:

> I haven't yet purchased a Newton, but have been very impressed with the
> knowledge on this group. I'm a writer and am thinking of getting a
> Newton for the following daily chores:
>
> --calendar
> --contacts
> --to do lists
> --note taking (probably the heaviest use)/brainstorming
> --connecting to both a PC and a Mac
>
> My question, which I couldn't find addressed on the FAQ, is whether I
> can get by at that usage level with an MP 130 or if I should go the
> 2000/2100 route. I realize a decision like this is very personal, but
> there's still a good price gap between the models.
>
> If I'm not checking email, surfing the web, etc. do I need the power of
> the 2100? Are MP 130 accessories/parts far scarcer than those for
> 2100s? Opinions appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff Abbott

You want to be happy and not look back, Jeff? Get a 2100. They are going for
a little bit more than $100 on eBay these days and can run circle around a
Palm that you would pay a lot more. Forget about the 130. If you want to
take note, the only real, efficient solution is a 2100.

-Laurent.

bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS 2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice of / as an option character in 1.0."