[NTLK] email problems

From: Geoffrey Arend (shatten22_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 23:38:59 EST

On Saturday, March 23, 2002, at 11:14 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:46:14 -0500
> Subject: [NTLK] email problems
> From: kkleber <kkleber_at_attbi.com>
>

> Hello,
>
> I have my Newton 2100 setup to send and receive emails using Eudora Pro
> 1.1
> and the Pop mail provider is HotPoP.com. I connect with an 3com ethernet
> card. I have tested it sending and receiving emails to different
> addresses
> with no problem. I wanted to use this to get the Newtontalk list, so I
> could
> download the messages and read them on my Newton. I have tried now
> several
> times and I keep getting an error that says illegal parameters. I've
> tried
> all the different ways to get the list on the website, but nothing
> works.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Khris

Khris-

Can't help with the intricacies of Eudora Pro, but I use SimpleMail by
Simon Bell and I can download the list in digest form. The program is
pretty useful (if you want to switch) and can be downloaded at :
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/road/aah66/

Hope that helps if nothing else.

geoff