Re: [NTLK] Contacts on iPod: it's official

From: Michael Wittmann (wittmannmichael_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 08:42:21 EST

On Sunday, March 24, 2002, at 05:03 PM, James R Grinter wrote:
> In a rare moment of productivity, I've knocked together a Perl script
> that will take the Newton's Names soup (exported as a CSV using NCU)
> and create .vcf (V-Card) files. These can then be copied to the iPod
> .../Contacts/ Folder (or imported into OSX's Address Book. But I've not
> tried that.)

Any directions on how to use this, if I'm running OS X.1.3 and not
exactly experienced with (i.e. have never used) perl as a script? What
needs to be running for this to work? I exported my Newton Names to
Entourage, then to my iPod, but that was a serious pain in the neck.
This would be a nicer scenario that actually kept as much information
from the Newt as possible...

Thanks!

--
   Michael C. Wittmann