Re: [NTLK] Back to Newton, Ditched Palm/Pocket PC

From: Bradford Schmidt (brad_at_bradfordschmidt.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 12:40:33 EST

On 3/25/2002 at 9:14 AM Philip Bennett said:

>Okay Guys, what's going on? You have both switched from your Palms and
>PPC's
>back to a Newton. Right now my Clie and PPC are sitting on my desk and I'm
>having a ball rediscovering my Newton 2100u. Phases of the moon? Something
>in the water? Or just superior intelligence triumphing? Fun, ain't it!
>
>Phil

---------To Which I Say---------

Yeah - it's weird - I can't figure out if I'm just a junky for NEW stuff
(new to me at a given point in time), or a junky for GOOD stuff. I loved
my 130, then my 2000, then I tried a PPC (cassiopeia e-125 - now for sale
on ebay) and thought that ripped, with the color screen and mame (I ran the
original Mr. Do roms!) - then decided that sucked because of complexity and
got a color clie, which is on my desk doing nothing now, as I wanted a
handheld I could USE. I think that the color clie is the best non-newton
yet. You know, palm OS units are great for what they are, but they aren't
what I need anymore. PPCs are dopey IMHO, as I'm really not going to edit
a document on one....

Newtons flat rule, I guess.