Re: [NTLK] Default Book font and size?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 08:00:45 EST

on 3/25/02 9:35 PM, John Goggan at jgoggan_at_dcg.com wrote:

> Is there a way to change the default font and size used for a Book? I'm
> always changing my Book font to Casual-10. It appears that when the Newton is
> rebooted (or card removed and reinserted), it no longer remembers what font
> was selected in the Books. I'd like to either have it save this information
> or, probably better for me, just change it so that the default font for Books
> is Casual-10. Can this be done?

Well, since Newton Books don't let you change the font size, but PaperBack
does, I'm guessing you are using PaperBack books. Unfortunately, you can't
make these changes permanent. With Apple's software, you can change the
fonts in the book when you make the book, and those changes will be
permanent, but you can't change the font in a completed book on your Newton.
Sorry.

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry