Re: [NTLK] Freezing Apps

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 17:31:46 EST

on 26/03/02 17:18, David Abramowitz at underdog_at_erols.com wrote:

> Not to be a wise ass, but if you select a package and your only choice is
> Thaw, doesn't that imply that it's already frozen?
>
> And of course, as Steven Wright pondered, "If I fill a pool with dry ice,
> can I swim without getting wet?"
>
> - Dave
>
> On 3/26/02 5:10 PM, "Grant C. Brunson" <grant_at_burneffect.com> wrote:
>

>> Okay, I've just gotten my (well, a) Newt back after a 3 year
>> hiatus and I can't, for the life of me, remember how to do this.
>> I'm even embarassed to ask. How can I freeze an app? I've
>> d/l'd Freeze Utilities from Stand Alone and when I highlight
>> a package and tap the routing button, all I see is the "Thaw"
>> option. Great, I've got that down. How do I freeze it *in the
>> first place*?
>>
>> In fact, I think I remember that you don't even have to have
>> a util to freeze a package.
>>
>> Any help for a returning old timer?
>>
>> Grant
>>
>> P.S. - I checked the F.A.Q. and didn't seen anything about this.

Well, the freezing ability has to be turned on for this to work. You can use
Freeze Utilities from Standalone Inc. to turn the freezing on, then it will
work from the routing popup in Extras.

-Laurent.

bozotic /boh-zoh'tik/ or /boh-zo'tik/ adj.: [from the name of a TV clown even more losing than Ronald McDonald] Resembling or having the quality of a bozo; that is, clownish, ludicrously wrong, unintentionally humorous. Compare wonky, demented. Note that the noun `bozo' occurs in slang, but the mainstream adjectival form would be `bozo-like' or (in New England) `bozoish'.