Re: [NTLK] I'm having dirty thoughts...

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 11:15:32 EST

>On 3/27/02 @ 15:49, Geoffrey Arend wrote:
>
>Japan has got it right, sub-sub-notebooks are the bomb.

That's why I hate living in Japan! :-o ;-)

Living over here is like being a kid in a candy store at times. There is
just so many kewl gaggets, of which many don't make it outside of Japan.

Sub-notbooks are a dime a dozen over here it seems. There are so many
models available.

Sometimes I go OT to share some recent devices that I've seen that are
very nice. For example, the new Palm OS device by Sony. Now that thing
rocks -- just seen it in person. A beautiful 480x320 screen with Sony's
Palm OS enhancements.

Recently, it now seems there is a shift to desktop computer/TV/Stereo
combinations. Given that many Japanese live in small apartments or
homes, it makes sense to have these type of combo units.

BTW, when it comes to Sony sub-notebooks, the Clamshell Vaio with the
camera is so neat. AFAIR, the new model comes with a 30GB HD and
1280x600 screen. Nice!

Sushi