Re: [NTLK] Win2Go?

From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 06:55:02 EST

> From: Patrick Jendraszak <indyibook_at_insightbb.com>
> Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:28:44 -0500
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Win2Go?
>
> Win2Go was part of a MessagePad 130/Win2Go Promotion. The software was
> from PICA Information Management, GmbH. I got my copy when I was given
> an MP130 by my dear wife, some years ago.

*Nod* 90% of the references I could find to the program were something about
that promotion.

> The Apple note that came with the software stated:
>
> "Win2Go is designed to offer a simple and effective method of
> transferring and synchronizing data between the MessagePad and various
> Microsoft Office applications running on a Windows '95 desktop... Win2Go
> offers a graphical interface that is feature-rich, yet intuitive,
> offering connection to Schedule+, Mail, Access, PowerPoint, and Word."

Hmm... I wonder how the Schedule+ sync differs from the one in NCU?

> I used it to synchronize with Schedule+. I remember it as being a bit
> slow ... but it seemed to get the job done. Regarding PowerPoint, it
> said "For assistance during your presentations, you can transfer
> PowerPoint outlines to your MessagePad's Notepad. Given the dynamic
> nature of presentations, outlines are always at-hand, viewable, and
> up-to-date. You can edit your outline and with the backlit screen on the
> 130, you can easily read notes under low light conditions."

Okay, just outlines... drat, I was hoping for slides. As it is, it sounds
like a slightly improved approach to my current workaround- export PPT
outline as RTF and import into NewtonPress.

> I hope that this helps. I have the original version 1.0a CD. I don't
> know if it's on UNNA or not.

I didn't see it... or did I just miss it?

<<<John>>>