Re: [NTLK] NIE DNS ethernet problem

From: Vladimir Alexiev (Vladimir_at_worklogic.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 11:48:25 EST

> >My cable service provider will only connect to a particular
> >MAC address.
> I agree, this is likely Vladimir's issue (unless he's called
> the provider and added the unique ID of the Newton ethernet card

You're right guys! I tried at our office LAN (where the DHCP server is more
friendly) and it worked. I've never submitted any MAC address (ethernet ID)
to the cable provider, but I think their DHCP server and router locks into
the last MAC that obtained a DHCP lease. A sysadmin friend of mine told me
that if I do "inconfig/release" on the PC before connecting the newt, this
should make the DHCP server accept whatever MAC next tries to connect to it.

Thanks!