Re: [NTLK] Dongle-less file transfers

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 14:54:40 EST

Am 29.3.2002 12:09 Uhr schrieb "Jon Glass" unter <jonglass_at_mac.com>:
> Here is a question. Does the Apple dongle have the pins and wires inside to
> add in a sound-out jack.
Pins yes, wires not. The NIC connector got all pins of which the unused end
on standard PCB pads. Ten of the 26 pins are connected to 2 x 5 via holes
which make the connection to another small PCB, carrying the Mini8
connector. I've cut the thing open to steel the Mini8 for my
FirstDongleKiller and looking just on the remainders. It would be possible
to expand any dongle by the audio connectors. However, its not easy because
the whole thing got many layers, first the black plastic then a tinned metal
screen and inside the screen every cubic millimeter is filled with
Polyethylen. The PET is really hard to remove but I got it after some half
hours work. Expanding the Dongle by Audio I/O would require to leave the
shield off or modify it. Anyway the case of the Dongle has to be increased
to hold e.g. Two RCA or two 3.5mm chinch connectors.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG