[NTLK] Package install directly via web (UNNA vs. Avi)

From: Michael 'Mickey' Sattler (michael_at_NOSPAM.GeekTimes.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 05:32:28 EDT

NetHopper 3.2 won't let me download things directly to my UMP2K from
UNNA because I don't have a plug-in for x-newton-package (or
somesuch). But I can download and install packages directly from the
Avi Drissman's site.

What is UNNA doing wrong that Avi is doing right? Can I simulate it
here, making my own mini web-site so I can serve my Newton the files
it so desperately wants? (I'm running Mac OS X, so I have complete
control over my Apache web server. All I need is a swift kick in the
clue department.)

--
Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times   <mailto:michael_at_NOSPAM.GeekTimes.com>
San Francisco, California, USA    <http://www.GeekTimes.com/michael/>

I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there. -- Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)