Re: [NTLK] Mac OS X, IrDA, frustration

From: Thomas Hart (those_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 05:52:59 EDT

I used to use Black Knight and EETransfer with a Newt IrDa document to
communicate with my PB G3. You can get what you need for OS 9 at
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/kieran.miller/newton/irda.html. I am not sure
if there is an OSX version of Black Knight, but in all the discussions
about Newt and OSX, it seems to me that this may be the best and
simplest solution for our communication woes.

Perhaps one of our brighter stars can do some adapting, rather than
starting everything from scratch every other week. Then you could synch
whatever you wanted on the desktop and then beam it to the Newton.

By the way, I got around the annoyance of the Infrared port being at the
back of my G3 by using a pocket mirror.

Anyone have anything to add on this? Kieran Miller wrote the docs.

Thomas