[NTLK] MacEasy Computing MP2100

From: Sacha (sascha103_at_hetnet.nl)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 15:15:06 EDT

Hi, list,

just wanted to share my experience with MacEasy Computing and the MP2100 I
bought there. I am refering to their other website: http://www.maccables.com/.

They offer there a bare MP2100 for 149$, no accessories. Maybe I could have
found a better deal on eBay, but I just didn't want to wait. I currently
own an MP2000, but I wanted to be able to do just a bit more with my
Newton, like listening to MP3's.

My first shock on their website was the delivering cost: 143$! That's what
happens if you use their website: you can only chose "UPS Worldwide Expres
Plus". Not really what I had in mind. So I sent them an email asking if it
would be possible to reduce the shipping cost. Another company is shipping
them for around 60$.

I very quickly (within 1 day, regarding the time difference between Europe
and the USA) received an email back telling me that the actual shipping
cost with USPS will be 40$. Now, that's much more like it. Eventhough I
could fill in the webform to place my order and somebody from the company
would change the delivery type I rather sent an email with all necessary
information.

Just 1 day later I received an email with all necessary information and my
tracking number.

Great service!

It took about one week for the package to arive and another 10 days in
dutch customs before I finaly held my MP2100 in my waiting hands. The
condition of the unit was better than advertised (Pristine rather than
"This unit is used but in good condition."). The backlight is very bright,
sound is working well, the screen is in excellent shape.

I also have that strange little reset-bomb (I will get rid of it later).

My conclusion: It was very nice doing busines with this company.

Sacha