Re: [NTLK] Detailed instructions (and warnings) for opening up a 2x00?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 03:51:09 EDT

on 04-05-2002 1:58, Michael 'Mickey' Sattler at michael_at_GeekTimes.com wrote:

> Yes, it's the Newton that's telling me. I loaded externally-charged
> NiMH cells; the external charger said they were charged. Same
> behavior: blackness!

If you have power problems with your Newt definitely don't try to solve them
with externally-charged NiMH cells but try with the (original) adapter
first.

BTW, there is an application around that will 'tell' your Newt that you're
using externally-charged cells, it's called Nick's SoftCharge and you can
find it at http://www.logictools.de/newton/english/index.html

> You've convinced me. Is there a document with detailed instructions
> (and warnings) for opening up a 2x00?

No, but quite a few URL's:

http://www.maksystems.com/newton/ (or is that the old URL ?)
http://members.tripod.com/mrpcbman/backlight.htm