Re: [NTLK] OS X TextEdit RTF to MSWD fix?

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 09:53:06 EDT

Scott Rogers (str1_at_swbell.net) wrote:

> In all of this talk about sync apps, does anyone know if there's an easy
> way to change the type/creator codes of TextEdit RTFs in OS 10 to the
> NCU-recognizable MSWD?

If I remember correctly, TextEdit documents (darn Cocoa apps!) have no
creator or file type at all, but you can easily fix this yourself. Enter
the following into the AppleScript editor and save it as a droplet:

on open FileList
  repeat with anObject in FileList
    if not folder of (info for anObject) then
      tell application "Finder"
        set the creator type of anObject to "MSWD"
        set the file type of anObject to "RTF "
      end tell
    end if
  end repeat
end open

Just drag any number of RTF documents onto it, that's all.

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
WWW: http://michael-hussmann.de