Re: [NTLK] GEM Europe

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 11:55:15 EDT

>on 5/4/02 4:48 PM, Mark Ross at markr13_at_comcast.net wrote:
>
>> That's amazing! I never pay additional fees for purchasing overseas
>> items except for when I'm traveling and I pay the merchant in one
>> currency and pay my account in another. I just purchased software from
>> the UK and paid over the web without any additional charges. Is this a
>> common practice for EU credit accounts?
>
>Oh, I'm sure they are getting the money. Check the exchange rate, and see
>how much you lose on it. :-) (Of course, I'm only guessing, having seen what
>Exchange rate I get.) :-)
>--
>Jon Glass

Not that I can see! The item was priced in US $ and the credit card was
charged exactly that amount. I just checked, no other charges were posted
for currency exchange. If other US members can verify this, we may have
a special practice that is only applied outside the US. However, this
usually means that if they get away with it elsewhere, it will come here
soon.
MC/Visa have virtually no competition.

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net