Re: [NTLK] Newton back at Apple in OS X!!!!

From: bpearce_at_cloud9.net
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 15:40:24 EDT

>My guess is that Apple isn't going to be designing another PDA - at least
>not with Inkwell and OS X. OS X is too "heavy" an OS for that. Rather, I
>wonder if Apple might be thinking about competing with Microsoft's
>"Tablet PC" systems that are due out later this year?

I think Apple is just taking advantage of an existing technology they
already own,
and thinking ahead. I don't think there's a great pent-up demand for
pen-operated
computers (no matter what Microsoft might think). But there's already a fairly
large segment of Mac users using tablets and digitizers in the course of
professional
work, for whom this could be a pleasant productivity-enhancing addition.

BRIAN