Re: [NTLK] NeXt Newt

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 01:42:13 EDT

on 06/05/02 23:46, Jesse Garnier at jgarnier_at_mac.com wrote:

> The specs page for Mac OS X 10.2 says that "Ink", the new handwriting
> recognition tool in the OS, "requires an input tablet."
>
> I hope that "input tablet" will take the form of a combination wireless
> input tablet/handheld computer/computer "companion"/media player known by
> whatever name but clearly recognizable as the neXt-generation Newton
> handheld.

Hmmm, I would guess they mean something like the Wacom tablets...

-Laurent.

casting the runes n.: What a guru does when you ask him or her to run a particular program and type at it because it never works for anyone else; esp. used when nobody can ever see what the guru is doing different from what J. Random Luser does. Compare incantation, runes, examining the entrails; also see the AI koan about Tom Knight in "Some AI Koans" (Appendix A).