Re: [NTLK] Names Trouble

From: Anton Balaban (balaban_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 16:20:51 EDT

Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> When you change the sort order, do you get a dialog
> box while it makes the change?

Yes, It says "Changing sort order". When I open prefs right after resorting
(e.g. by the 1st name) the dot stays at "Default Order". When I close prefs
with those settings nothing happens. But if I change sort order to the 1st
name again and close prefs it resorts them once again ("Changing sort
order")

> When I changed the setting on my Newt just now, the
> name is still displayed "last name, first name" but
> it's sorted in the first name order with business's
> coming first.

Names display is the same for all sort orders, but now names are sorted by
the first name and I can't return the sorting by the last name (as it
always been). What am I doing wrong?

Anton Balaban
http://www.newt.nm.ru