Re: [NTLK] Question about WaveLAN cards.

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 02:00:33 EDT

on 11/05/02 00:03, Kevin Fyure at digdog_at_mac.com wrote:

> Physically. Yeah, that's very strange.
>
> I thought PCMCIA are the same size.... @_@
> Kevin
>
> =A9=F3Saturday, May 11, 2002, 12:02 AM, Laurent Daudelin =BCg=A1G
>> On 10/05/02 10:05, "Kevin Fyure" <digdog_at_mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I got two WaveLAN cards, one is 012372A, and the other is 012372D.
>>> I can insert rev. D one into my Newton, but I can't get rev. A into =
> it.
>>> But
>>> two of them seems identical, and both of them could be inserted into
>>> PowerBook.
>>>
>>> Any idea why things like this happened?
>>
>> What do you mean, "I can't get rev. A into it."? You can't insert it
>> physically, or you get some kind of silly error message when you =
> insert=20
>> it?

If it doesn't fit, then there is something with the hardware. Are you sure
It's a PCMCIA card? Did you try another card in that slot? Did you check the
card for anything that could be stuck in the connector?

-Laurent.

code grinder n.: A suit-wearing minion of the sort hired in legion strength by banks and insurance companies to implement payroll packages in RPG and other such unspeakable horrors. In its native habitat, the code grinder often removes the suit jacket to reveal an underplumage consisting of button-down shirt (starch optional) and a tie. In times of dire stress, the sleeves (if long) may be rolled up and the tie loosened about half an inch. It seldom helps. The code grinder's milieu is about as far from hackerdom as one can get and still touch a computer; the term connotes pity.