Re: [NTLK] How do I make movies that will play on my Newton 2001?

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 10:02:59 EDT

> Wow! That is really awesome! When was this site set up?
It's there since more than a year and it is basically on my private homepage
http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand hidden under 'fun stuff' ;-)

> So the source code is written with the Macintosh version of the Newton
toolkit I take it? So from what I gather, the=
> source code on a Macintosh toolkit and the code on a PC toolkit are
different right?
I don't believe that the source code is different. I think you can export
the source into one large text file and from there you can at least copy and
paste if there's no easier means to transfer it over to Windoze NTK. But
there's a conversion tool too, don't ask me where and how it works.

> Would love to learn more on how this Lost in Space movie was made and
how images are imported.
I don't remember exactly but images can be imported in NTK using commands.
I've used NTK code to import picts to create GPS map containers. To create
the picts it was necessary to save them as resouces on the Mac and I think
on Windoze you can use pict or bmp instead.

On a different subject: I'm always thinking how easy it is to make Newton
adult videos if one can successfully implement loops. Depending on the
story, if there's any at all, a phantastic compression ratio must be
possible ;-)

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG