[NTLK] Request for information

From: Humphreys, David (URB) (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 11:13:07 EDT

I am requesting that those users that have the
SER-001 modification and use it with a cell-phone,
or external modem, provide me with the details of their setup.

I am looking for specifics so I would appreciate
as much detail as possible.

Things I need to know include:

Cell-phone/modem make and model
Cables/gender-changers/converters used
Connection speeds
Service provider
Password (Just kidding!!)
Details of modem scripts
... and anything else relevant

A small number of people have reported difficulty when
using the serial port and, in an effort to solve their
problems, I would like some data for comparison.

The overwhelming majority of users report no problems with
the SER-001 but there are myriad possibilities for connections
to it. Some combinations may be inherently unstable and I
wish to get to the bottom of this.

Please submit your success or failure report to:

mailto:pcbman_at_ix.netcom.com

Obviously, those people that I am already working with need not respond.

Regards,

PCBman