Re: [NTLK] OFF TOPIC BUT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED - PLEASE READ

From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 12:44:49 EDT

Sounds about like what I always wanted to do...

Don't underestimate the serial number issue, though. Lots of implications
including the possibility of trafficing in stolen goods. This is probably
always a potential problem with recycling computers, but could be really bad
in a case where you would have no way to legitimately trace ownership
(honest, officer, I will be buying this 5 years from now at a flea market).

I suspect you'd be safer dealing in components since there is a bigger gray
market though I would be inclined to avoid some things let network cards
like the plague.

<<<john>>>