Re: [NTLK] Fwd: Re: Thank you for Backdrop Builder!!

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 14:01:01 EDT

on 5/13/02 9:55 PM, Karel Jansens at kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be wrote:

>> Is this the PowerPen project that Laurent got a hold of the source code
>> of ?
>
> Dunno. The About box says it's version 1.0 by HexDump Development Inc. Is
> that the same as the PowerPen Project?

The PowerPen project operated off a web page. You used a web-based form to
spec your backdrop, and then it built the app, and sent you to a link where
you could download it (in various formats if I recall correctly). The
HexDump version, while maybe being based on that software, is not really the
same. It offers most of the same options, but it doesn't look the same in
the result, and operates solely off the Newton. (I also don't like it as
much as my PP backdrop--which I still haven't succeeded in getting off my
Newt, btw, for those who are interested. Robert has sent me a dongle, and
when I get it, I'll try again via one of those package utilities.)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland