Re: [NTLK] Where can I find info about web browsers?

From: Joe Anthenat (janthenat_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 12:12:26 EDT

> While I praise Newt's Cape to no end, I was wondering, does anyone still
> tinker with Luna Suite? It was more like a =
> conventional web browser. Granted, it could crash and take your whole
> registry with it, but hey, it was cool.... Heheh.=
> .
>
> Doctor Clu

I recently installed LunaSuite just to play with the browser. I must say, I
prefer the display method of LunaSuite over Newtscape... sorry... Unless
I'm doing something wrong, Newtscape will only display in a small window,
where as Luna will use the entire screen and optionally cover the button bar
for true full screen display. And, seriously, if the display preferences
for Newtscape can be changed, please let me know...

It seems quick to load a page as Newtscape on my UMP2k. Bookmark management
is simple. I'm able to save a page in Notes for later viewing through Luna,
and there appears to be a scheduling function, although I haven't tried that
yet.

However, Luna is quite large, and I wish there was just a stand alone
browser version. Also, there appears to be no way to print through Luna.
The routing button only offers "Beam", "Transfer", "Mail". Wierd...

Anyway, that's my $.02