[NTLK] Problems using Compuserve as ISP

From: andrew_at_misf67.cern.ch
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 17:24:30 EDT

Hello,

until recently I used CompuServe as a backup ISP, especially when
traveling. I have now tried to re-connect using CompuServe and failed. It
seems that there is a problem with the DNS. I am using he official DNS
servers 149.174.211.5 and 149.174.213.5. I know that I am connected in
principal, since I cane e.g. connect to my web-server at work using the
numerical IP address. But when I try to specify the hostname, I fail.

Is someone out there still using CompuServe as ISP on their Newton?? If so
could someone send me a working connect NIE setup? Is there a known
incompatibility between CompuServe and the Newton? I know CompuServe used
to work quite reliably in the past.

Thanks,

        Andrew

--