Re: [NTLK] On the subject of Smartdog Software...

From: doppler (doppler_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 05:17:07 EDT

IIRC, the licence question is what obstructs bob from free-waring this piece
of marvel software. i dunno if bob has got a second child by now (his
doughter will celebrate her 2nd birthday in august). from what i remember,
he was terribly busy back then, when he decided to leave development of
IrComm for a while.

to this date, i am very sad for not having an alternative to nokia card
phone 2.0. the nokia 7110 i carry in my pocket has a built-in 14.4 modem,
but i cant use the modem part to cennect the newt *wirelessly* :(

now that the GPRS phones come, it is even more sad that the newt doesnt
interact via the built-in IR window. even though apple decided to leave out
IrRA on their latest lien of computers, Ir will still be used for a long
time by printers, PCs, palms, cell phones and of course - newtons!

im one of those who would gladly pay for an IrComm update, it would really
enhance my newton experience. the lack of IrComm support is what makes me
think its not worth it ATM.

                      roman pixell

_________karmatic_experience_group__

         mailto: roman_at_karmatic.com