Re: [NTLK] nokia cardphone and newton

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 05:14:58 EDT

on 22.05.2002 11:02 Uhr, richard_at_cyberphotographer.com at
richard_at_cyberphotographer.com wrote:

>>> nokia cardphone and newton... do they work together?
>> Yep, very high geek factor.
>
> what is the part name, and do you have to move a smart card in there
> from your phone? Can you plug in a headphone and use it as a phone?

It is called the Nokia Card Phone 2.0.

Yes, you do have to put a (mini) SIM into the PC card.

Yes, you can plug in a headset and use it for voice calls.

By the way, it is a GSM 900/1800 MHz device so it will only work in those
territories which support those bands (i.e. it will work in most places
outside North America). I'm not sure if there is a version for 1900 MHz GSM
as well.

Regards,

Simon