Re: [NTLK] [OT] Berlin

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 07:50:19 EDT

on 22.05.2002 13:04 Uhr, Marco Mailand at Newton2k1_at_mac.com wrote:

>> Simon
>> Berlin, Germany
> What happens in Berlin at this moment? I just heared in the radio that Bush
> must think that all German wear olive green uniforms and that all drains on
> the streets in the center are sealed? Are you permitted to leave your house,
> Simon? ;-)
> --
> With best regards / Viele Gruesse
>
> Marco Mailand
> http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing
> http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand
> https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG

I was only vaguely aware that he is visiting Berlin until you mentioned it.
Fortunately, I live on the southern edge of Berlin (in former West Berlin)
and work a few km to the east (in the former East Berlin), so haven't seen
any more men and woman in olive green than usual (which is quite a lot
anyway!).

I didn't find any real information on the web on what has been happening.
http://news.bbc.co.uk seems to just have a fairly dry summary of his
itinerary whereas http://europe.cnn.com concentrates on giving Bush a chance
to get his messages across (as usual).

Regards,